The resource center is a service whose mission is to carry out, promote and maintain in the community the capacity building programs, efforts to intervene and prevent gender-based violence and domestic violence at the individual, community and social levels.
Through its initiatives, the resource center aims to contribute to improving the community’s response to cases of gender-based violence and domestic violence, as well as to prevent the occurrence of these phenomena.
Areas of interventions:
- Information, education, communication:
- initiates, organizes and supports the implementation of annual campaigns to inform, educate and communicate the community on the prevention of gender-based violence and domestic violence;
- holds and organizes in a library the specialized information it makes available to professionals and other persons interested in the field of prevention of gender-based violence and domestic violence;
- Support activities:
- supports and organizes support programs involving the survivors of domestic violence, based on the identified needs of women who have been affected by the phenomenon of gender-based violence and domestic violence;
- identifying the risk situations and referring the victims of violence to specialized services or other community services or programs corresponding to the identified needs;
- Provides initial and ongoing training:
- of professionals working in the field of preventing and combating gender-based violence and domestic violence;
- of specialists in specialized services for subjects of domestic violence;
- training and training of specialists in order to promote and extend the programs of assistance and counseling of the family aggressors.
- The resource center collaborates permanently with professionals, local government authorities and other organizations in the field, members of the National Qualification “Life without violence in the family”.
Change comes from us through the way of thinking and action!
Together we can help to achieve a coordinated common response to cases of gender-based violence and domestic violence and to prevent this phenomenon!