TERMS OF REFERENCE
Duty Station: Chisinau, Moldova
Type of contract: Individual contract
Post level: Short term international consultant
Language required: Fluent in Romanian
Application Deadline: 30-Jan-20
Starting Date: 01-Feb-20
Expected duration of assignment: 5 Working Days
Background: The National Coalition «Life without violence” is a joint platform of 21 organizations and public institutions, service providers working in the field of preventing and combating domestic violence and violence against women. The members of the Coalition provide support and develop services for women and children, victims of domestic violence at the community level, including counselling, primary and specialized legal assistance, immediate and long term psychological assistance, shelter, social and economic support, programs for rehabilitation as well as programs for perpetrators. Members of the National Coalition participate and contribute to the process of analysis and developing of national legislation, policies and standards, monitor implementation of the legislation by the authorities and conduct awareness raising activities and information campaigns.
The financial and operational management of the National Coalition is ensured by the organization member NGO “Artemida”, from Drochia from January 2020 to April 2021.
Job content: Facilitating the General Assembly meeting of the National Coalition ”Life without violence in the family”, guiding, providing support and expertise to members of the Coalition in launching the new life cycle, development of the strategic plan and related interventions and strengthening the communication and interaction between members.
Specific tasks will include:
- Desk -based analysis of the evaluations of the Coalition, recommendation of members, discussions with members of the Board and management team;
- To develop the convening package (agenda, specific training tools and exercises, information materials);
- To facilitate the convening, provide support and guidance;
- To identify the capacity-building and specific needs of members and provide specific follow up recommendations and design interventions.
Duration of Employment: 5 working days (February 2020).
Organizational setting: The expert will work with representatives of the organizations, members of the National Coalition, service providers in the field of preventing and combating gender violence and the management team of the Coalition.
Deliverables and timeline:
- Desk analysis – 2 WDs (home based) and development the convening package 2-3 February 2020;
- Expert mission to Moldova and facilitating the convening – 3 WDs, 5-7 February 2020;
- Follow-up meeting with the coordinator and providing a set of the recommendations for addressing specific needs of members and further capacity building.
Inputs: The Coordinator of the National Coalition will provide the expert with the necessary information, materials, and office supplies for the fulfilment of tasks and will facilitate contact with relevant stakeholders.
- University Degree in social science (psychology, gender studies. etc.) law or equivalent relevant area;
Work Experience (minimum 10 years in total)
- At least 7 years of working in preventing and combating gender based violence field;
- At least 5 years of training experience, work and/or consultancy for the civil society organizations, in particularly women organizations, coalitions and networks in similar contexts;
- Comprehensive and in-depth understanding of group dynamics, peer-to-peer facilitation methods, conflict resolutions, capacity building of organizations and groups;
- Understanding and experience in the security and well-being concerns of women human rights defenders;
- Experience of working with a wide spectrum of stakeholders, both civil society and government officials;
- Openness and active listening;
- Empathy and love of the work;
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to analyse and generalize, ability to communicate efficiently (verbally and in writing), developed team work skills;
- Good drafting skills;
Responsibility, thoroughness and creativity.
Technical proposal comprising of the following:
- Personal CV;
- Brief description (max. 1 page) of why you consider yourself as the most suitable for the assignment (agenda, etc.) and financial proposal.
The technical proposal will be sent to the emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the mention „short term consultancy National Coalition”.
More details about the National Coalition „Life without violence in the family” could be found on the web page http://stopviolenta.md/
Consultancy Evaluation Criteria
Offers received will be evaluated by the Board of the Coalition and coordinator using the scoring method. Persons who have not been pre-selected will not be notified.
National Coalition is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.